Wednesday 8 January 2014

New Year Resolutions for 2014

Every year, I come up with several new years resolutions that all revolve around similar ideas: losing weight and spending less. This year, I've decided to have more spiritual and mental resolutions rather than the usual tangible ones. This is not only solely my new year resolutions for the upcoming year but a reflection on my mistakes that I have come to realize for the past year. It was a year of self actualization and I've had long hours spent by myself and often just thinking. I think having all this time made me mature at least 20 years and finally starting to understand life.

With that being said, let me get into my two main resolutions for 2014.

1. Show more affection
One of my biggest struggles growing up and even now is showing affection. I've never been one to embrace my family and friends, probably have something to do with being brought up by a robotic father... haha. But I've realized that this does negatively affect my relationships with friends as I've drifted from so many close friends just because I couldn't get over my ego or fear of showing emotion. I have problems letting people in but it just hurts me more than protect me so that is one thing that needs to change. Also going along with this goal is to make more of an effort to connect with friends. I've realize how introverted I have become in the past couple of years but I also know that good friends are suppose to be good company when you let them be. 

2. Be open to new things and new people
One thing that has caused me to drown in this unexplained sadness for is the fact that I was never satisfied with life. I complain about living in status quo but I realized that the only person that can change that is myself. Therefore, this year I will try to actively seek new opportunities as well as be optimistic to them. Also, my goal is to be more open minded about people, basically stop judging a book by its cover. Another thing would be to make the best of every situation and try to look on the bright side of things. I need to force myself to have the "just do it" attitude. This will not only help me stop procrastinating but make the most out of life. 

You may wonder why I'm sharing this so publicly. Well, since I did put this out there for the world to see, it kind of forces me to work towards my resolutions and shows that I'm actually serious about them. I am ready to take on 2014 and make it the best year of my life so far .

New year, better me.