Tuesday 16 July 2013

favourite perfumes for summer.

If you asked my friends what my biggest pet peeve is, I can guarantee that most of them will tell you that I hate anything or anyone that smells bad. I just can't help it, my sense of smell is just that important to me, sometimes I think its connected to my emotions. For this reason, I rarely leave the house without perfume. Not because I don't shower but I just really enjoy smelling good when I'm out.

I wanted to share that I finally purchased Chanel's Chance eau Fraiche. I've been coveting this perfume for at least a year but never had the guts to spend that much money on a perfume. It retails for $120 for 100ml at Shopper's Drug Mart. Ridiculous right? However, I was running out of my old perfume (A&F no. 8) and also getting tired of the smell so I decided it was time to get my hands on the Chanel chance. It smells so fresh yet sophisticated, perfect for the summer. Here is a description of the scent:
CHANCE Eau Fraîche, a vibrant incarnation of the unexpected fragrance, now takes on a sparkling freshness. The unexpected floral bursts with a lightness and zest as notes of citrus, Water Hyacinth and Jasmine Absolute are highlighted and energized with woody notes of Amber ofPatchouli and Fresh Vetiver.

CHANCE EAU FRAÎCHE  EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY (3.4 FL. OZ.)
even the bottle is gorgeous
What pushed me into purchasing it was the fact that Shoppers was having an optimum promo where you can trade in 50000 points and received $90 off your total. Usually, you would need 80000 points to get $85 off so I just had to take advantage of this amazing offer. It did hurt a little to use so many of my points that I've been accumulating for the past 3 years. 

When I'm not using the Chance, I reach for my Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy. This scent just screams summer. Here is the description:
The Viva la Juicy girl never turns down a glass of champagne or the chance to get into the tiniest bit of trouble. Viva la Juicy combines delicious wild berries with creamy vanilla and bright jasmine. 
Notes: Wild Berries, Mandarins, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Praline. 
Style: Tantalizing. Teasing. Tempting.

For night's out, I sometimes wear Acqua di Gioia by Giorgio Armani which to me is very fruity and sexy. Here is the description:
Off the coast of Italy, the island of Pantelleria is a place where the deep blue-green Mediterranean Sea meets the sun and earth, creating a sense of happiness, serenity, and optimism. This fresh, aquatic fragrance, whose name means, "water of joy," captures the simple happiness one can experience at this extraordinary destination. The fragrance's top notes rise like a soft sea breeze, bringing forward a sensual blend of cool mint, warm brown sugar, and the zest of Italian lemon. Next, the heart notes emerge with beautiful floral hints of jasmine, dew of peony, and traces of pink pepper. The base lingers on a uniquely Mediterranean trail of cedar wood and the complex, herbaceous accords of labdanum.
Notes: Mint, Brown Sugar, Lemon, Jasmine, Peony, Pink Pepper, Cedar Wood, Labdanum.
Style: Joyous. Aquatic.

Perfume/cologne is a fabulous invention when it's used in moderation. So for the sake of others, please invest in smelling wonderful.