Monday 15 July 2013

My first glam bag

After debating for a couple of months and cancelling my subscription twice before it even started, I finally gave into Ipsy Glam bag. I mean, for only $16 a month, you can try out a whole bunch of products that you normally would not pay full price for. My July glam bag included the following items: 
Bigsexyhair Weather Proof humidity resistant spray
Coola tinted moisturizer with SPF20
Benefit Benetint rose-tinted lip and cheek stain
Pop pouty pop lip crayon in rose romance
BH Cosmetics California collection eyeshadow trio

Let me go in detail on what I think about each item so far. The Bigsexyhair spray feels and smells like any other hairspray. To be honest, I didn't really notice  difference to my hair when I used it. The Coola tinted moisturizer seems decent, the only problem is that it doesn't last as long as I hope it would. But then again, I would only use it if I'll be going outside. 

I have mixed feelings about the eyeshadow trio. First, the purple is not wearable in my opinion since I always stick to neutral eyeshadows, on the rare days that I even bother to put on eyeshadow. However, I do like that its a matte purple so I will definitely be using it if I'm feeling a little more daring. The middle colour, San Francisco, is definitely my favourite one. It is very similiar to some of the shades in the naked palette such as Darkhorse in the original or Snakebite in Naked2. The pigmentation of the shadows could be better but for the retail price, it is not too bad. 
The gold shade is a little too flashy for my skin-tone for every-day use so I most likely won't be touching that one. 






The glam bag also came with a tiny sample of Benefit's famous Benetint lip and cheek stain. Personally, I don't really see what is so special about it but I do enjoy the product. I can say that I probably wont be purchasing the full size.

The last and my favourite item in this month's bag is the full size Pop lip crayon. The one I received is in rose romance which is a medium pink with a cool undertone. The formula of this lip crayon is undeniably smooth and buttery, it applies like a sheer lipstick or even a lipgloss. It is very comparable to the Nars Velvet matte lip pencil but only 1/3 of the price. Personally, I like the pop lip crayon more because I find the Nars lip pencil to be a little drying since it is a matte finish.  I'm very happy with this product but I can't promise that I will purchase it in the future.

These 5 items all came inside this fluorescent neon pink makeup bag where I'm currently storing some of my nail-polishes in the apartment. I think its nice that Ipsy gives you a bag each month but I should start coming up with ideas on what to do 10+ bags.
                                  

Overall, I'm satisfied with this months glam bag although I did expect more. Truthfully I would have been more happying if I received last months bag but I am still keeping an open mind for the future months to come. 

Stay tuned for my month reviews/first impressions on the Ipsy My glam bags.