Wednesday 18 December 2013

What I'm Loving: Leather Details + OOTDs

One trend that has been around for over a year already that I am an active participant of is leather accents. I love leather anything but what I love even more is small leather details that add so much more personality to an outfit. I also enjoy the look of different textures paired together to make a simple outfit a lot more interesting.

OOTD #1



Outfit Details
Knit Sweater: W118 by Walter Baker (sold out)
Faux Leather Leggings: American Apparel 
Ankle Booties: Dolce Vita (similar here)

I absolutely adore this chunky knit sweater that I recently purchased. It's so cozy I can probably wear it on its own in the late fall/early spring. The leather sections on the sleeves gives the top another dimension. I decided to match the sweater with leather-like leggings and suede booties to go along with the whole theme. Overall, this outfit is super comfy but still look put together.

OOTD #2








Outfit Details
Knit Sweater: Zara (last year's) 
Jeans: J Brand "Karlie"
Shoes: Dolce Vita (in brown)

The centerpiece of this outfit is most definitely the jeans. They are my newest addition to my J Brand collection and probably one of the most expensive piece of clothing in my closet. The leather knee pads are made of a super luxurious lambskin with 3 functioning zippers. These zippers can quickly change the outfit from chic to bad gal. Since the skinny jeans are the focus point of the ensemble, I choose a simple over-sized sweater to add a relax feel, which is evident in 4/5 of my outfits. Again, I opted to tie this look together with leather heeled booties with silver metal detailing that matches the silver zippers on the jeans. I love how this outfit can be appropriate for work, as many of my colleagues complimented my attire that day, but put on a leather jacket, I'm ready for a night out.

Personally, leather is not a trend but a preference that will remain in my wardrobe until I'm old and wrinkly. Even then, I can picture my old lady self rock a leather jacket.