Monday 14 April 2014

Monday Must Haves: What's In My Makeup Bag

Merry Monday everyone! Ok, that does not sound right, does it. I was a morning person.. a Monday morning person to be specific but I'm not sure what happened. As I'm typing away on the computer, I feel my eyelids lifting as the caffeine in my bloodstream start to work its magic. You know what else helps me appear awake? Makeup!

Monday mornings are usually a struggle when it comes to waking up. Usually, it takes me around 10-15 minutes of rolling around on my bed refusing the fact that I have to leave its presence. This means it leaves me about  15 minutes to get ready. So can you just imagine how much time that leaves for makeup.... possibly 180 seconds. This is probably why I've resorted to doing finishing up my face in the car, taking full advantage of the excessive amount of red lights we hit on our way. Since I do rely on putting makeup on the go as well as touch ups for when I want to go out after an 8 hour work day, a makeup bag forever holds a place in my handbag. Anyways, I thought I would show you guys some of the essentials in my makeup bag. 

Fresh Lip Treatment
It's crucial to keep some type of lip balm in your purse. I enjoy a non tinted one that has a tingly effect so it seems like it's doing something to my lips. 

Bite Beauty Lipstick Duo

This duo is the perfect lipstick to throw in your purse or makeup bag. It adds a pop of colour for days where I skip on the eye makeup and instantly brightens up the face. 
Kat Von D Eyeliner Pencil
This waterproof liner pencil is great when I need to go out after work so I can deepen my eye look. 

Kat Von D Concealer
I always like to keep an almost-empty concealer in my makeup bag just incase. I almost never touch up during the day but you never know when you might need it. 
Clean Skin Rollerball
Another thing I keep for just incase is a fragrance rollerball in a subtle clean scent. This one seems like it's universally accepted as I get many compliments when I wear it from men and women.  
Ole Henriksen Cleansing Wipes
Cleansing wipes are an necessity for impromptu sleepovers or if you want to re-do your entire face. 
Boscia Blotting Sheets
This is a recent addition to my makeup bag and hasn't gotten any love since I started using the Benefit Porefession primer. It's still nice to have and one of those girls you carry more for your girlfriends than yourself. 


Tide-To-Go Stain Remover
Say hi to queen clutz here. I'm embarassed to say that this baby came into handy too many times. Nevertheless, it works like a charm and can relieve some tragic moments. 

Similar to most girls, I carry way too many lipsticks that just seem to collect at the bottom of my handbag.  As for my makeup bag, these are my must haves that I can't seem to leave the house without.