Wednesday 23 October 2013

OOTD: Leather sweatpants

Before I get into the post, I feel like I MUST say that I am extremely sorry for the horrible quality. I should also apologize for say this every time but I'm honestly in the process of getting a DSLR or upgrading my phone (to Lumia 1020 ... that 41MP camera *_*). The reason why I keep putting it off is because I can't decide which is the smarter, more financially feasible option for me right now. Plus, procrastination is my middle name. But give me some credit, I still manage to keep the post coming right. Anyways, onto the post ...

Leather has made it's come back since 2011 in all shapes and forms. Personally, I feel like it's engraved into fashion, rather than just being a visiting trend. This fall, leather pants have made its debut in the form of sweat pants. If you know my style, you'd know that I'd hop on this trend right now, and I did. The leather texture of the pants edge up the comfy laid back look of the "sweat pant" silhouette. Also, this style is extremely versatile as it can be easily dressed up like I did in this outfit, or dressed down. I decided to stick with simple neutrals today.


I love how this pair has a matte finish. It makes it look a lot more expensive than a shiny material which can look cheap and made of plastic.


Tank Top: Aritzia
Blazer: H&M
Leather Sweatpants: Urban Outfitters
Booties: Dolce Vita

I will definitely be posting up another OOTD featuring these pants paired more casually. I can also tell they're going to be a staple in my fall/winter wardrobe.