Sunday 27 October 2013

WANT: Louis Vuitton

I've always been a fan of Louis Vuitton. In fact, it was the designer that opened my eyes to the world of luxury fashion. The thing about LV is that there are some items that I drool over while there are others that makes me wonder how anyone would buy such monstrosity.  I used to be obsessed with the Damier Ebene pattern and while it is still my preferred canvas, I now tend towards Epi or Vernis leather. To speak of it, I absolutely despise the monogram canvas. If was ever gifted any item with the monogram canvas, I'd throw it back at their face or sell it. But since I'm feeling extra positive today, I'm only going to share with you my top Louis Vuitton picks if a couple thousands dollars magically appeared in my wallet.



Neverfull MM in Epi leather
I've been eyeing this bag before Louis Vuitton even released this design. I remember telling me friend how if LV ever came out with an Epi leather Neverfull, it would buy it without thinking. When I finally got to see and try on the bag in person and I was impressed but not completely sold due to a couple of reasons. First, the price tag at around a ridiculous 2Gs. Another thing that turned me off from this bag is the pochette that comes with it. Since I already own the Pochette Accessories in the same black Epi leather, I have no need or desire for another. Also, the Michael Kors Jet set Tote is almost identical in structure but about the quarter of the price. Finally, I'm still not comfortable with the fact that this bag only has a single latch closure and no zipper. Nevertheless, I still really love the look of this bag and its versatility. It looks even nicer in the indigo colour.

Monceau BB in Patent leather
I just can't get enough of crossbody LVs. The Monceau BB is the perfect size for on the go and can be easily dressed up or down. I love the patent leather finish and this pinky-nude colour is perfection.


Before writing this post, I always thought there was an endless list of items I want from LV. But after thinking about it, these items are basically the only goodies I would spend my money on or want to be gifted. I feel like LV is trying too hard to increase their luxury standings and attempting to compete with the prices of Hermes and Chanel. In fact, they even publicly announced this strategy shift to attract higher-end customers. Am I the only one who thinks that is absolutely ridiculous and just goes to show how shallow society is. The inflated prices definitely do not make me to think "oh LV is becoming more exclusive so I should buy more bags" but it does make me consider purchasing some of the items I've been wanting now before prices go even higher. What do you guys think?