Sunday 13 October 2013

what your handbag says about you

I was recently scrolling through Purseblog (which I do ever so frequently when I have nothing else productive to do) and came across this very interesting blog post that caught my interest. As you actually get into the article, it's obvious it is just a troll with a hint of the truth. The one description that actually caused me to LOL was for Bottega Veneta Knot Clutch that was captioned: You have a driver.
Am I lame to find hilarious. Anyways, I've been looking for inspiration to go a different route in my blog posts. One can only take so much of favorites, hauls, shopping. So this leads me to this post where I talk about my take on what your designer handbag reveals about you. Keep in mind that obviously a person is likely to own more than one purse so it's very possible that your bag choice for the day can subconsciously reflect your mood. I will attempt to refrain  sounding too judgmental, please don't be offended by any of this. If you are into handbags like me, I think you'd find this amusing.

Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac: You just got your first paycheque from a non minimum wage job.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Percy or Natasha: Your favourite drink at Starbucks is PSL aka you are a CWG (common white girl)

Michael Kors Selma: If this is your only MK bag, you actually have some taste.

Phillip Lim Pashli: You are in denial that you are about to hit your 30s.

Louis Vuitton Neverfull: You have either been living in an area with too many asians or you are from China.

Louis Vuitton Speedy: Your parents bought you a very generous gift for your 13th birthday.

Prada Saffiano Luxe Tote: You have your own business.

YSL clutch: You trust yourself at the club with a $1000 clutch or you are extremely heavyweight.

Mulberry Alexa: You've been following too many British bloggers

Balenciaga City: You are in denial that it is no longer 2008 and Miley Cyrus is no longer Hannah Montana. 

Chanel Double Flap: You wish you received handwritten letters from a man so you can actually utilize the "secret" pocket. 

Proenza Schouler PS1: You are a blogger with "edgy" style.  

Celine Luggage Tote: You refuse to believe that this bag is turning into a more expensive version of every other overrated bag. 

Celine Trapeze: You are or want to be a fashion blogger. 

Hermes Kelly: You've been watching too much Gossip Girl and you can't help to admire Lily's extensive handbag collection

Hermes Birkin: You have 3 assistants or you have decided that a car can wait.

Honestly I had the intention of actually trying to interpret what a handbag reveals about a person but this is how it turned out. I actually did enjoy writing this post and although it lacks any form of seriousness, there is truth beneath my words.