Sunday 10 November 2013

My picks: Isabel Marant x H&M

Mark your calendars fashionistas! November 14 is the day the much anticipated Isabel Marant for H&M collection makes its first in-store appearances. This guest-designer is another addition to the list of collaborations since the first designer appearance by Karl Lagerfeld. I've only been recently familiarized with Isabel Marant and grown to love her shoes. I came across the complete collection at the end of September but haven't thought too much into it. There were only a few pieces that caught my eye and everything else was quite disappointing. A lot of the patterns were just completely not my style. But now we're so close to the release date, I think it's time to share a couple of my picks in the collection.
$150
This has got to be my favourite piece in the entire collaboration. A classic black blazer never disappoints and this silhouette seems to be very figure flattering. I love the satin lapels against the wool fabric as appears to own up to the price tag.
$35
One of the most staple items in my wardrobe is a plain white tee. I love the cuffed sleeves on this top. However, I have to say that I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend $35 on a simple tee unless the quality meets expectations.
$60
Yet another simple and classic piece but this one is right on trend. The "sweat pant" trouser style is extremely popular right now in many fast and high fashion collections. Also, the heather gray color would be a wonderful addition to my closet. Is it worth the money? I can't say until I see it in person.

I have to admit that I'm not too impressed with this guest-designer collaboration, except for these 3 items. I was expecting more pieces that would be distinguishable and unique. However, I am looking forward to seeing this collection in stores and maybe the quality will be the selling point.