Wednesday 13 November 2013

What I'm Loving: Waterproof Mascara + Ipsy November bag

If you are a fellow asian, you might understand the struggle of keeping your eyelashes curled. I've recently discovered a trick to maintain the curl and finally put it to the test. I was ecstatic when it worked like a miracle!

So what is this beauty secret? All you have to do is first use your eyelash curler for a couple of seconds on each eye followed by one coat of waterproof mascara. The waterproof part is key. Then you can finish off with however many coats of your favourite mascara as you desire. I never expected it to work so well but it truthfully does. Prior to discovering this tip, my lashes would collapse 2 hours after curling and applying mascara. Now, they stay curled the entire day! 


I received a full sized version of the em by Michelle Phan waterproof mascara in my November Ipsy glam bag. At first, I was disappointed to see this in my package since my extensive mascara collection is just chilling in my drawer, untouched. But after just testing it once, I have fallen in love. 
Here are the items in my bag this month:


                    
I have to say that I'm quite happy with this month's products. The mascara is amazing, and full-sized. The bronzer seems very wearable from the swatch. The nail colour is unique in my nail polish collection and goes well with this season. The Glamglow mask made my skin feel smooth and elastic. The other 2 products, the lip pencil and eye pencil, might be gifted or left to collect dust because I have at least 5 more lip pencils the exact same colour and glittery eyeliner is just not for me. 

If you haven't signed up for Ipsy, I suggest you do it sooner than later. Each month, the items get better and better and of greater value as well. For all you makeup lover and adventurer out there, check out the website and reviews. You won't be disappointed.