Tuesday 19 November 2013

Trendy Tuesday: Lingerie style clothing

This newly emerging trend of wearing lingerie style clothing in public has definitely caught my attention because I've never been one to dress modestly. I tend to be bolder with the way I dress because I believe fashion is an art and a form a self expression. This trend is not technically wearing underwear outside but more delicate fabrics such as lace and silk that resembles lingerie. Making it's first appearance this fall, it has claimed an entire section on Zara's website. If you are a frequent visitor of my blog, you know that Zara is where I like to shop for more trendy items and one of my all-time favourite stores. 

Here are some of the pieces that caught my eye. 

Image 1 of COMBINATION SILK CAMISOLE from Zara Image 3 of COMBINATION SILK CAMISOLE from Zara
What really draws me in about this tank top is the intricate double straps. It gives the top a very dainty feel and is complemented by the silk material. I am also a fan of the colourblocking and subtle layers of the top, giving it a more interesting touch. 

Image 4 of LINGERIE-STYLE STUDIO TUNIC from Zara Image 3 of LINGERIE-STYLE STUDIO TUNIC from Zara

This camisole is a lot more daring than the first one as it has a closer resemblance to lingerie. The thin spaghetti strap and lace outlining make this top look very luxurious and high fashion. 

Image 3 of TWO-TONE LINGERIE STYLE DRESS from Zara Image 5 of TWO-TONE LINGERIE STYLE DRESS from Zara

This dress might look more like a nightgown to some people but when paired right, it can look very classy and super chic. I would wear this with a blazer or leather jacket and a sexy pair of sky high booties. 

Image 3 of SHORTS WITH LACE HEM from Zara Image 5 of SHORTS WITH LACE HEM from Zara

Looking at these shorts, I have a feeling that this trend is going to carry over to next spring/summer. The relaxed feel of the shorts counterbalances the luxe vibe of the lace and silk.  I can definitely see myself wearing this when the weather gets warm with a plain white tee and some cute flats or sneakers. 

I sincerely hope that this trend will survive into the warmer weather but as if now, I may purchase one or two pieces to play around with. Considering it a fashion challenge.