Wednesday 4 December 2013

What I'm Loving: Ankle Booties



One blogger that I've been following religiously is Crystal. She has an  amazing fashion sense and her shoe collection is to die for, especially her extensive selection of black ankle booties. 

Seeing this picture on her instagram a couple of days inspired me to share with you guys my own uprising affair with black ankle booties. They're such a versatile addition to my closet as I honestly wear them everywhere; to work, out on errands, shopping, dinner with friends ... The ankle style cuts off at the perfect spot to elongate your legs. I like mine with a small heel just  for a bit of added height but still remaining comfortable. 















This pair of suede ankle booties are by Vince Camuto and they are by far one of my most worn shoes to date. The gunmetal buckles brings out my personal edgy style and adds some personality into what some people would consider a plain shoe. It also has an 1.5 inch heel which is great. 


This pair of leather ankle booties by Dolce Vita is my most recent footwear purchase. I clicked checkout before my brain even processed what was happening; that's how much I wanted them! But having worn them for hours at work and out, I have zero regrets. The 3.75 inch incline is surprisingly comfortable and feels like there is a platform to neutralize the arch. This pair is definitely a little more dressy but still can be easily incorporated into a casual outfit because of the silver metal detailing and chunky heel. 

There is something so attractive about the look of a simple black ankle boot that keeps tempting me to start a collection of my own. I currently have my eyes on the  Rag & Bone Harrow booties but secretly hoping this is just a phase and it will quickly pass. I've also been drooling over multiple version of the Christian Louboutin Belle bootie but my hearts sits with the black leather version. One day ....