Tuesday 21 January 2014

Beauty Haul

Hi Everyone! Why does it seem like I haven't put up a post in weeks ... oh wait maybe because I haven't. I think I had a temporary hiatus of inspiration and motivation but I'm back at it now that it is already so many days into the new year. You know what I haven't stopped doing? Shopping. I feel like I might have a little hoarding problem. First it's with jewelry, and  iPhone cases, then I moved on to shoes and now it is most definitely makeup ... it is becoming quite an obsession. Anyways, I thought I might as well put a makeup haul to show you all the goodies I have accumulated in the past 3 weeks.


Laura Mercier Full Face Makeup Kit
I ordered this Laura Mercier package off Hautelook for an amazing price and couldn't be happier with the products. First, can we just talk about the packaging ... it's perfection. I absolutely love how simple and elegant it looks while being not too heavy and excessive but also durable enough. The quality of the products is just wow. I've already heard amazing reviews on the primer so I am very excited to try it out especially now that primer has become incorporated into my makeup routine for days that I wear foundation. The lip glace is very sweetly scented and goes on buttery and smoothly. The eyeshadows are definitely my favourite part and probably some of my top colour picks out of all of my eyeshadow palettes. They are so pigmented and the colours are so beautiful, I can't even put it into words. The bronzer is also really nice, not overly shimmery but gives off a healthy luminescent glow to your complexion. I have yet to try the liner and mascara but I'm sure they will not disappoint.

My first splurge of 2014 is my online order at Sephora. I finally caved and bought the twin pack of replacement heads for my Clarionic who has become a stranger to me. Can someone explain to me why they are so damn expensive...marketing tactic I know. It's been a couple weeks since I started using it again and I've already seen a huge improvement in my skin.

Clarisonic Replacement Heads Twin-pack, $45
Korres Body Butter mini, $12
I also grabbed the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush and bronzer duo which is now sold out. It was such as great deal because the price was just a little over the cost of an individual blush but with more product plus a bronzer. I really love the bronzer already. It is subtle since it's matte and not as dark as other bronzers I've tried which makes it perfect for contouring. Also, it is a true "bronze" rather than some other bronzers that have hints of pink or orange. The blush in this set is a pretty bright pink (it is a lot lighter in person) which is different than any other blush I own.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush and Bronzer Duo (sold out)
Dollface Blush
Park Avenue Princess bronzer

You know you have a problem when you place two orders to the same store two weeks in the row. Immediately after I placed my first order, I realized I forgot to add one item into my cart. Unfortunately for me, the product I wanted is an online exclusive so it left me no choice but to click the checkout once again. Of course, I refuse to pay $10 for shipping so I found some other things I probably shouldn't have gotten but I did.
Benefit How to Look the Best at Everything Kit, $36
Philosophy Amazing Grace Shower Gel, $12 (on sale right now!)
Philosophy Peppermint Stick Shower Gel (sold out)
Cover FX Illuminating Setting Powder, $32
Clean Skin Rollerball, $7
Now let's get into the reason for the second order. I've recently tested the Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation in stores and I was impressed. It has buildable coverage and I think the formulation is more suitable for combination or oily skin. One thing about it that stands out is the fact that once it is blended in and sets, it literally feels like you are not wearing any foundation at all. I've also tried the boi-ing concealer and loved the results. Now everyone and their mother raves about the primer so I'm not worried about that. The main reason behind this purchase was to have a portable foundation+concealer set that is easy to take on the go. Since I will be visiting friends and going back and forth from school in the next few months, I thought it would be super convenient to have this little kit with me at any time.
what's included:
POREfessional Primer
Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation
Boi-ing concealer x 2
Hello Flawless powder
Now the best part of the entire haul...samples on samples on samples. Most of these are skincare products which is great because I'm on the hunt for a more permanent skincare routine. Last night I used the Boscia cleanser and moisturizer and my skin has never felt so clean and soft.
SAMPLES GALORE !!! ❤_
Now that life is settling down again, I hope that I will be posting more regularly. Besides, I just got back from one of the best trips of my life so the time for relaxation has passed and gone but will not be forgotten.